March 20, 2017
Why You Should Consider Professionally Storing Your Stuff While Trying to Sell Your Home
Are you planning to sell your home? At Los Rios Storage we advise our clients who are planning to sell their homes to rent at storage in Kamloops where they can temporarily store their stuff. This will ensure that your t priced possessions are intact when you transfer to your new residence after the sale. If you will not make the effort to store your properties with a professional storage, chances are, a lot of it will be lost, broken and reduced to total uselessness.
How to Choose a Storage Facility
Now if you’re already convinced that renting a storage unit is the best way to go, you might be asking, “how do I choose the best one”?
Now, this is a legitimate question because there are hundreds of facilities out there claiming to be the best. But are they really the b est? In this article, I will give you some tips on how you can determine the best from the rest.
- Pricing—First of all, a good facility will offer a fair price for their services. You will know a fly-by-night simply by calculating their pricing against the services that you want. If you think you’re being scammed, stay away! There are many to choose from and competition in this business is steep. This means that their services shouldn’t be unreasonably priced.
- The Facility—Eyeball the facility and decide whether it’s worth paying the huge bucks. You have to be picky here. Do they have air-conditioned units? Do they have security systems in place to ensure your stuff won’t be stolen?
- The distance from your present location—If you need your things, would you have a hard time getting to the place where you store them? What you need is a place that is easily accessible to you so that you won’t have to spend hours just to get there.
- Insurance coverage—If you want to be absolutely sure that you’re covered, you have to ask the facility that if they have a decent coverage for your stuff. Although you don’t want your stuff to be damaged or lost, you want to be paid when these things do happen. A good facility will have a decent coverage for everything that they store.
- Refutation of the Facility—You would not want your important things in the hands of an untrustworthy keeper do you? You have to ask around and know whether or not the facility you’re interested in is really trustworthy. You can check online reviews, ask around forums and if you know previous customers, you ask them too. These are some of the ways you can check the reputation of the facility.
So, are you ready to sell your home? If you follow these tips, you can be sure to sell your home with peace of mind knowing that your things are in good hands. So what are you waiting for? Go and hunt for a storage facility to keep your things.